2012-08-09

Time to short Rovio?

Angry Birds (yes, I know, I know) has just updated on my Android phone. Suddenly there are all these persistent icons, annoying as heck, trying to persuade me to part with cash for power-ups / instant level "solving". This follows a week of annoyingly repeated adverts extolling the virtues of owning a plush Angry Bird.

Looks to me as if Rovio is under pressure from the shareholders to "monetise the free users" in order to bring in income. Internet hype having proved less desirable than cold hard cash, my advice (do your own diligence) is to cash out now before Rovio's financial deficiencies become more obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to retrospective moderation. I will only reject spam, gratuitous abuse, and wilful stupidity.