2012-07-30

There's only one Boris Johnson

BoJo in the Telegraph on the Olympics so far:

As I write these words there are semi-naked women playing beach volleyball in the middle of the Horse Guards Parade immortalised by Canaletto. They are glistening like wet otters and the water is plashing off the brims of the spectators' sou'westers. The whole thing is magnificent and bonkers.
Extra points for his use of "pernoctates". Can you imagine Ken Livingstone trying to put together an article like that?

I have to give props to Danny Boyle; the opening ceremony was rather enjoyable and far from the disaster I was fearing. Though I still think that the lack of dancing sheep was a missed opportunity. It was however disappointing that Boris didn't get a slot. I hope that this tragic oversight can be rectified in the closing ceremony, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to retrospective moderation. I will only reject spam, gratuitous abuse, and wilful stupidity.