2012-02-07

The irony meter has melted

I had to pinch myself when I saw the article: Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin writing in the Guardian about the need for Russia to reject corruption and build a modern democracy.

You couldn't make it up.

Read the whole thing: here's a quote to whet your appetite.

But I strongly believe we do not need a circus of candidates competing with each other to make increasingly unrealistic promises.
Quite right, Vlad my old chum. One Putin-endorsed candidate is all any sensible (read: self-preserving) Russian needs.

Top comment so far comes from Helen121:

Perhaps a good place you could start would be to allow a free press and stop killing journalists. Here's a list of dead Russian journalists: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are subject to retrospective moderation. I will only reject spam, gratuitous abuse, and wilful stupidity.